Mattel - Careers Careers
? HomeSearch openingsSearch resultsCurrent pageJob details
Job 1 of 1 Posting Title Project Designer Requisition Number 172384 Location Mattel-El Segundo Zip Code 90245 Job Category Design/Development Company At Mattel, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do! Job Description Mattel, Inc. is seeking an experienced and self motivated Project Designer to join its Barbie product design team. The group is focused on creating new product opportunities for the Barbie division; by understanding the consumer, trends and technology that are then translated into successful product. This involves creating and communicating toy concepts in 2D and/or 3D models to design and marketing management. The ideal candidate will possess proven product design experience showing ability to work on challenging and fun girls’ products as well as ideating new concepts.
- Actively generate new opportunities to enhance the brand
- Performs complex design tasks
- Designs and develops highly complex and / or advertised lines or segments
- Acts as a leader and consensus builder across functions
- Able to work independently, often making decisions without management interaction to meet critical deadlines
- Support Design management by addressing the strategic goals
- Partner with Development Design, Engineering, Packaging and Cost Engineering to insure product integrity and marketing objectives
- Daily communication with Asia partners
- Successfully present and communicate their concepts to the design and marketing management and creative departments
- Manage the early phases of design and development with other disciplines within the company.
Experience, Education & Skills EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and 2D computer programs
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency
- Knowledge of 3D CAD (Alias, Rhino 3D is a plus)
- Knowledge of material and manufacturing process
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Ability to project manage
- Ideal candidate will exhibit interest and knowledge of the current trends. Understanding of features in the consumer electronics industry and knowledge of how they trickle down into the toy industry a plus.
- Portfolio demonstrating strong design excellence and superior problem solving
- BS/BA degree in Industrial Design, Toy Design or equivalent
- 5-8 Years Professional Experience
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Passionate about 'Play'
- Professional Maturity and the Ability to Assimilate Constructive Criticism
About Us ABOUT USMattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel’s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price®, Hot Wheels®, Monster High® and Thomas & Friends®, among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity EmployerF/M/Disability/Vet
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Customer Service
- Recall Information
- Toy Store Locations
Use of this site signifies your acceptance of Mattel’s Website Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement and Other Legal Information.
Throughout this website use of “Mattel” refers to Mattel, Inc. and/or one or more of its family of companies. 2014 Mattel. All Rights Reserved.