Mattel - Careers Careers
? HomeSearch openingsSearch resultsCurrent pageJob details
Job 1 of 1 Posting Title Sr Designer Requisition Number 171945 Location Mattel-El Segundo Zip Code 90245 Job Category Design/Development Company At Mattel, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do! Job Description Sr. Designer (Hot Wheels)
Mattel, Inc. is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Sr. Designer to join the Hot Wheels Track and Playsets product design team. This team focuses on delivering exciting innovative product for a range of segments such as Hot Wheels Action, Story Sets, Hot Wheels Track Builder and tech-based sets. The group is focused on creating new product opportunities for the boys Wheels division as well as an understanding of systems of play and construction (ie. Lego, Thomas The Train). This team synthesizes consumers (parents and boys), trends, and technology that are then translated into successful product. This involves creating and communicating toy concepts in 2D and/or 3D to cross-functional teams and Leadership.
The ideal candidate will possess: product design experience, the ability to work on challenging and fun boys products, the ability to adapt quickly and ideate new concepts as well as forward-design style capabilities.
- Actively generate new opportunities to enhance the brand
- Designs and develops complex projects, and performs complex design tasks
- Builds consensus between members throughout the design process
- Support Design management by addressing project specific strategic goals
- Partner with cross-functional teams to insure product integrity and marketing objectives
- Daily communication with Asia partners
- Successfully present and communicate their concepts to Design and Marketing management
- Work autonomously through design assignments
Experience, Education & Skills EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and 2D computer programs
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency
- Experience with 3D CAD (Alias, Rhino 3D is a plus)
- Experience with material and manufacturing process
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Ability to project manage
About Us ABOUT USMattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel’s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price®, Hot Wheels®, Monster High® and Thomas & Friends®, among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity EmployerF/M/Disability/Vet
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Customer Service
- Recall Information
- Toy Store Locations
Use of this site signifies your acceptance of Mattel’s Website Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement and Other Legal Information.
Throughout this website use of “Mattel” refers to Mattel, Inc. and/or one or more of its family of companies. 2014 Mattel. All Rights Reserved.